Mold can be found everywhere, but it’s not something you want to see in your home. You can do routine maintenance checks to see if there is mold present. If mold is suspected, it is recommended to contact a local mold remediation company instead of trying to go your own way and cleaning it yourself. In this article, we’ll explain why.
What Does Mold Look Like?
Mold is a type of fungus that grows from spores. It can grow almost anywhere there are spores, moisture, and a temperature between 40 and 100 degrees F. Mildew is the most visible type of mold and begins with tiny black spots. Mold can be different colors, including black, green, red, brown, or white. It can be fuzzy, slimy, or have a velvety texture.
When to Hire a Professional
If you have a large or small mold problem or if you have health problems that make you susceptible to mold-related health problems, it’s best to hire a professional mold remediation company, such as ours.
Our specialists have the experience and equipment needed to safely remove mold from your home. We also use a patent-approved dry-fog method that is more effective than traditional mold removal techniques since the fog is able to penetrate the smallest of nooks and crannies.
Don’t hesitate to contact us. It’s better to get mold removed sooner than later.
Dry-Fog Mold Removal Vs. Traditional Methods
A dry-fog mold removal system, gaining traction, utilizes a fogging machine to spray a dust-like biocide onto affected areas. This mist reaches small crevices, eliminating mold spores that regular techniques fail to reach. Though more costly, it is often more successful, especially with deep-rooted infestations.
3 Benefits of Mold Removal
1. Avoid health issues
Numerous health issues, such as allergic responses, skin rashes, and respiratory infections, may be brought on by mold. Mold remediation may assist to get rid of mold in a building and stop these health issues.
2. Improving the Air Quality Indoors
Deteriorating indoor air quality may be brought on by mold. Mold removal from a house or place of business may assist to improve indoor air quality.
3. Prevent Damage to Property
Mold may harm your home by discoloring and staining surfaces. By getting rid of the mold in a house or place of business, mold remediation may assist to stop this kind of harm.
Steps to Take to Test for Mold:
- Check for visible mold growth. This can be found on walls, ceilings, floors, or in other areas of the home.
- Look for signs of water damage. Water leaks or puddles of water can be a breeding ground for mold.
- Check for musty odors. Mold often has a musty smell that can be detected even if there is no visible mold growth.
- Request a professional inspection. Hiring a certified mold inspector is the best way to to determine whether your home or business has dangerous mold inside it.
How Our Pros Test for Mold
When you request a mold inspection with us, you will get the results in about four days with a full report. The testing is done by our outside 3rd party lab of microbiologists. The report will tell them if they have mold, specifically what kind of mold it is so you know if it is dangerous and how much there is.
Five samples are taken; one outdoors and four indoors. The mold level indoors has to be at a special level below what is outdoors to be safe. Contact us to get started!
Know the Differences Between Mildew and Mold
Mildew is a surface mold that appears as a downy, white, or powdery growth. It’s often found on damp or wet surfaces, such as shower walls or the underside of leaks in roofs. Mold, on the other hand, is a type of fungi that often appears as fuzzy growths in a variety of colors, such as black, green, or orange. Mold can grow on both dry and wet surfaces.
Is It Mildew?
Mildew is often mistaken for mold, but there are some key differences between the two. Mildew is usually white or light-colored, while a mold is usually black or green. Mildew is also usually found on the surface of materials, while mold can grow underneath the surface.
Is It Mold?
Mold is a type of fungi that often appears as fuzzy growths in a variety of colors, such as black, green, or orange. Mold can grow on both dry and wet surfaces.
If you’re not sure whether you’re dealing with mildew or mold, a mold test kit can help you identify the type of fungi present.
Inspect the Ductwork
Your ductwork may potentially develop mold, therefore, it is crucial to have it checked often. You must get your ducts professionally cleaned if you see mold developing there.
Is Removing Mold Safe for DIY?
No. If you discover mold in your house, it is crucial to act quickly to get rid of it since it may seriously harm your health. There are many methods to get rid of mold, including using bleach solution to clean the moldy area, utilizing a commercial mold removal product, or working with a reputable mold treatment business. If you suspect mold present, we recommend you to contact us today for a free inspection and estimate by a pro.
What Makes Us Different?
Our mold removal business is unique in Los Angeles for a number of reasons. Some of the things that set us apart include the following:
- Experience and Expertise: Our team has worked on a variety of mold-related issues and has years of experience in the mold remediation industry. Our knowledge of the most efficient and secure mold removal methods and tools is extensive.
- Modern Equipment: In order to find and get rid of mold, we use the best tools and technology available. No matter the size of the mold remediation project—whether it is for a small residential property or a sizable commercial structure—our equipment is built to handle it.
- Customized Solutions: We do not think that mold remediation should be approached in a generic way. We provide specialized solutions that are catered to each client’s unique requirements because we recognize that every property and mold infestation is distinctive.
- Safety is the Priority: Our top priority is ensuring the safety of our clients, team members, and the environment. To ensure the safety and responsibility of our mold remediation work, we adhere to strict safety protocols and procedures.
- Customer Satisfaction: Our clients’ happiness is our top priority. In order to fully meet our clients’ needs and expectations, we work closely with them to understand their worries and wants. In order to provide our clients with peace of mind, we also offer a satisfaction guarantee on our work.
- Competitive Pricing: Our prices are reasonable without compromising the caliber of our work. While upholding the highest standards of quality and safety, we firmly believe in offering our clients mold remediation services that are reasonably priced.
Our mold removal company in Los Angeles stands out for its knowledge, experience, modern equipment, specialized solutions, safety-first approach, client satisfaction, and affordable pricing. Please get in touch with us if you require mold removal services in Los Angeles to find out more about how we can assist you.
Free Inspection & Estimate
Call us right away at (626) 671-8885 for a complimentary estimate if you think there may be mold in your home or place of business. We will check your house for mold and create a strategy to get rid of it safely.
Details & Hours
Mold Zero Services LLC
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm
2060 Huntington Drive, Ste 1, San Marino, CA 91108
(626) 671-8885 | Request a callback